Thursday, July 22, 2010

Bele-Chere

Bele-Chere takes over downtown this weekend and we are going to be right in the center of the debauchery. Doc Aquatic is playing tomorrow night at the Emerald Lounge with modo @ 10pm. This is Doc's first year living in Asheville during the festivities so we really have no clue what to expect other than a bunch of drunk people littering the once clean streets.

Big News

I was walking around downtown two days ago bored as hell when I passed this small pawn shop on Broadway. Immediately a bass guitar in the window caught my eye, this guitar was a sweet old looking Gibson EB-3 (sg bass). I got back to the house (the lion's den) where Charles was informed about my find. We gathered two basses and went to the pawn shop where we haggled....haggled... and haggled until he agreed to trade us the bass. The price for the bass at the pawnshop was $575, which I knew was WAY under the actual price.......we could tell the bass was very old but had no clue how old it really was. The salesman pulls out the bass case, which looked like it had been around the world, and thats when I knew we were totally ripping the guy off (and I felt perfectly fine). We get this bass home, do some homework on it and were actually able to date the bass back to 1964!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The actual value of this guitar is....A LOT, I really don't want to say how much......so lets just say that we could buy a pretty nice car.

No comments:

Post a Comment